STARRING: ART VAN HARVEY, BERNARDINE FLYNN, DAVID WHITEHOUSE AND CLARENCE HARTZELL
- Fletcher still expects a visit from Roy Dejectedly. He's riding down with Harry Giggletta, who's on his way to Springfield on business and will drop Roy off from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Planned entertainment includes a ride on Mr. Gumpox' garbage wagon, an introduction to Ernie Fadler at the Interurban Station, a visit with Pelter Unbleet at the Bright Kentucky Hotel.
- Roy and Pelter both spent the summer of nineteen-aught-nine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, yet they've never met each other. Also a visit to B. B. Baugh at the Butler House Hotel barber shop, because they're both inventors.
- Fletcher clarifies: Roy didn't actually invent Hyena Grease, but he did discover the ingredients that make it suitable for smearing on shoes. Uncle Fletcher wants to include a visit to Vic's office on the schedule. Vic suggests a full inspection tour of the whole works, and Fletcher is thrilled. "Roy Dejectedly'll scream like a half-wit panther!"
- Vic reads news article aloud: "Windsor, Ontario man experiments with raw oysters." Sade resents interruption of her own reading.
- "Hartman L. Kacker, little-known merchant of Windsor, Ontario claims he expects to astound science in the near future with new and…"
- Uncle Fletcher on the weather: "Might sneeze itself up a light snow before morning." - compiled by Barbara Schwarz, edited by Jimbo Mason
___________________If this episode is any indication, the visit by Roy Dejectedly was planned four months ahead (since December 21, 1944 - this would also mean that Paul Rhymer must have had this trip planned in his head/on paper for almost four months).
You wonder why there is a 12 hour window for Gigletta to drop off Roy?
Though the entertainment for Roy seems sparse, one would imagine any of Fletcher's friends in town would enjoy that kind of entertainment; Roy probably would also.