Search This Blog

33-02-06 Mr. Dempsey and Mr. Tunney Meet in a Cigar Store

STARRING: ART VAN HARVEY, BERNARDINE FLYNN AND BILL IDELSON
After eating too many strawberries, Rush finds himself sick and begs to climb in bed with his parents.

Rush, who was probably all legs and arms at the time -  refuses to fall asleep until his parents tell him a story.  They proceed to make up a whale of a tale about boxers Jack Dempsey and Gene Tunney counting sheep.

SEE THE SCRIPT
___________________
I absolutely love this very imaginative script. I think the reason I like it so much is that I can remember being sick or scared when I was very little (certainly much younger than Rush here - who is 9!) and climbing in bed with my parents.

They never told me a story though and I certainly would had never put my cold feet on them or I would have gotten a poke upside the snoot.  If I was in bed with them, I had to go to sleep.

Despite the fact that I love the script, we were told in another episode that Vic and Sade sleep in separate beds!

1 comment:

  1. In reading and listening to all the available scripts and episodes, I think Paul Rhymer just changed Vic and Sade's sleeping arrangements to suit the needs of the script. There's references to sleeping in the same bed in some scripts, then it sounds like they have twin beds in others.

    ReplyDelete