STARRING: ART VAN HARVEY AND BERNARDINE FLYNN
- Vic's in a hurry to get to the office. Sade wants him to slip on a house dress she's altering. He suggests she enlist Rush, but she says he's too small, besides he's off running his lemonade stand.
- Vic gives in and finds himself trapped, including having a mouthful of pins so he can't grumble clearly. He can't scratch his itches, and sometimes he finds himself tickled. Ruthie Stembottom calls – Sade chats on while he suffers. (Sade mentions Mis' Jarvis went to Brokaw hospital with gallbladder trouble.) Sade tells Ruthie she's in no hurry, which makes Vic madder. (Sade mentions Mis' Peters.)
- Sade rambles on about the time she went to the hospital with appendicitis when they lived on Monroe Street.
- Finally, Vic's so mad he spits out the pins. Vic: "The idea! Me standin' here on a chair with the sweat runnin' down me like rain with my hands tied to my sides listenin' to you yawp about your doggone operation… Sade, I'm gonna rip this…"
- Sade (giggles): "I can't for the life of me see why some women just love to go into detail about their sickness." She begins to release Vic, then goes back to the phone talking about tonsils.
- Vic: "Sade! I'm not going to say anything! Nobody's ever doing to say I can't hold in my temper, but…" Then a series of splendid rips as Vic works noisily out of his dress… and Sade screams. - compiled by Barbara Schwarz, edited by Jimbo Mason
___________________In this episode, we get a bit of trivia that we've never gotten before: the Gooks used to live on Monroe Street, the hospital in town is the Brokaw hospital, Rush runs a lemonade stand and Sade had appendicitis once.
This episode seems to be bereft of Bill Idelson.