STARRING: ART VAN HARVEY AND BERNARDINE FLYNN
- Vic practices a speech to his co-workers when Mis' Fisher calls for Sade, who's not home. He goes back to his speech, which is to be presented at the first book-keeping department banquet. Sade returns, and his joke falls flat with her.
- A trunk arrives from Croucher's for the boy to put his things in. Vic thinks $12 is too much to spend since the boy's only staying a week.
- Meanwhile, a bike arrives, costing $34.25, and Sade points out it's a little small for Vic who voices his intention to ride it. Sade praises his thoughtfulness, and Vic says the boy can stay as long as he likes. He makes a stab at composing more of his speech, but is distracted by the bike to the point where he winds up riding it around the living room.
- Mis' Fisher sees him through the window and phones in alarm.
- Sade tries to reassure her there's nothing wrong with Vic, as he continues to ride and shout, "Whee!" - compiled by Barbara Schwarz, edited by Jimbo Mason
______________________________The average boy's bicycle cost $24 in the 1940's, according to the television show, American Pickers.